Last week, Britt Riley our CEO & Founder had the privilege of attending a momentous event in Washington, DC, spearheaded by Mom’s First, an organization with prominent figures including host, Reshma Saujani and Secretary of Commerce, Gina Raimondo, in attendance. The event brought together a number of companies committed to supporting expanded access to childcare in the United States.
Listening to Secretary Raimondo was inspiring and also a particularly full circle moment for Haven as just 3 months after opening our pilot location in 2019, Raimondo who was Governor of Rhode Island at the time came to visit us at the club to see and discuss how our innovative solution helps every member of the family thrive during their children’s first five years.
Now, 1 pandemic, 3 new clubs and a major program launch about to happen we met up again this time in DC where she is working tirelessly to expand access to childcare not only for those in Rhode Island but for all of the US.
One of the top take aways from this luncheon which energized us as well as every one in that room was this:
“Childcare is not a personal problem, it’s an economic problem.”
And it will take the effort of both the public and private sectors to come together to ensure that access to childcare is prioritized.
We no longer live in a world where it is a family’s duty to suffer in silence as they try to piece together childcare. It is up to all of us to make it clear that childcare is a critical piece of our nation’s infrastructure and it needs to be treated as such.
Haven, as an innovative and comprehensive childcare provider, has embraced a forward-thinking vision that aligns seamlessly with the goals of Mom’s First and Secretary Gina Raimondo’s initiatives. Haven’s vision emphasizes creating a nurturing and supportive environment for children while also easing the burden on working parents through flexible and high-quality childcare services. By collaborating with advocacy groups like Mom’s First and working in tandem with the government and private sector corporate partners, Haven aims to help shape a childcare landscape that empowers families and fosters the next generation of future leaders.
Mom’s First Initiatives:
- Mom’s First is a leading non-profit organization dedicated to advocating for the rights of working mothers and caregivers across the country.
- Their groundbreaking work centers on pushing for comprehensive childcare reform and policies that address the challenges faced by working parents.
- By amplifying the voices of parents, caregivers, and families, Mom’s First strives to create a more equitable and accessible childcare system.
Secretary Gina Raimondo’s Initiatives:
- Secretary Raimondo, as the head of the U.S. Department of Commerce, has been a driving force behind several initiatives to bolster childcare support and accessibility.
- Her efforts focus on creating an environment where parents can excel in their careers without compromising their children’s well-being.
- Her focus includes advocating for innovative public-private partnerships to strengthen the nation’s childcare infrastructure.
- Through her efforts, Raimondo aims to foster an environment where businesses and policymakers collaborate to create sustainable solutions that benefit both families and the economy.
- The event featured active participation from multiple companies committed to making a positive impact on childcare access in the U.S.
- These corporate allies recognize the importance of investing in their employees’ well-being and acknowledge that accessible childcare is not only a social responsibility but also a strategic business move.
- The list of corporate allies in attendance included Paypal, Chobani, Etsy, Athletes Unlimited, Fast Retailing, Intuit, Salesforce, Dollywood, and many others with a long list of partners who also support the efforts of Mom’s First including Patagonia, Synchrony Financial, Harvard University, Kirkland & Ellis and more.
The event in Washington, DC showcased the powerful synergy between Mom’s First, Secretary Gina Raimondo, and corporate allies in their shared commitment to expanded access to childcare in the U.S. With Haven’s Childcare vision complementing these efforts, there is a renewed hope for the creation of a more inclusive, supportive, and thriving environment for working families across the nation.
Read more about Mom’s First at their website linked HERE
Stay in the loop on Haven’s efforts to expand access to childcare through a number of initiatives we will be launching by subscribing to our NEWSLETTER